For more information please get in touch with ARPANSA
- Phone Number+61 3 9433 2211
- Fax Number+61 3 9432 1835
- email ARPANSA
2nd Practical Reference Dosimetry Course - 11-14 April 2016
- COURSE OUTLINE
PDF 425 kb
ARPANSA is pleased to announce the 2nd Practical Reference Dosimetry Course for external beam radiotherapy. Running over four days, the course will cover the theory and provide hands-on experience in all areas of radiation dosimetry for external beams..
The course is aimed at experienced ROMP registrars and qualified medical physicists seeking a refresher course, concentrating on TRS-398 and TG-61. The course is hands-on as well as delving into the physics behind the protocols.
The four day course consists of lectures by ARPANSA staff and senior hospital physicists and includes eight practical sessions with a formal assessment at the end of each day. A certificate will be presented upon successful completion of the course.
At the end of the course, students will:
- have a good fundamental theoretical and practical understanding of all aspects of reference dosimetry for kV X-rays, high-energy photons, and electrons
- be familiar with the Australian primary standards for air kerma and absorbed dose to water used in reference dosimetry, their units and uncertainties
- understand the ACPSEM-recommended codes of practice for kV X-rays, MV photons and electrons, and their practical application to clinical beams
- understand correction factors and be able to calculate uncertainties in reference dosimetry.
- Quantities and units
- Uncertainty calculations and reporting uncertainties
- Dosimetry protocols for kV and MV photons and MV MeV electrons (TRS-398, TG-61)
- Measuring beam quality index, output, and output factors
- Primary standards
- Legal metrology and regulatory framework
- Understanding your equipment
- Ion chamber theory
- Small field dosimetry
For more information on practice reference dosimetry see Radiotherapy Calibrations.
This course is held on an annual basis and is approved for 20 CPD points.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Registrations for 2016 are now closed.
Adobe Acrobat Reader is needed to view PDF files
The free Adobe Acrobat Reader is available from Adobe's website