- Personal Radiation Monitoring Service
- Equipment Calibration and Testing
- Radioanalytical Services
- Hire of Radiation Meters
- Ultraviolet Radiation (UVR) Services
- UV Data
- Buyer's Guide for Sun Protection
- Radiation Safety Advice and Risk Evaluation
- Australian Clinical Dosimetry Service
- National Diagnostic Reference Level Service
- Australian National Radiation Dose Register
- Radiotherapy Calibrations
For more information please get in touch with ARPANSA
- Phone Number+61 3 9433 2220
- Fax Number
- email ACDS
ACDS - Level IB Audits
LEVEL IB AUDITS
The Level Ib audit is a more accurate independent measurement than the Level I audit. The Level Ib audit determines the absorbed dose to water per monitor unit for mega-voltage photon and electron beams under reference conditions. The ACDS visits the requesting facility and performs on-site measurements in the facility’s own water tank. All other dosimetry equipment is brought in by the ACDS, ensuring an independent audit.
The Level Ib audit consists of the following modalities:
- Reference beams (photons and electrons)
- FFF beams
- Small field beams (field trial)
The Level Ib audit is not part of the scheduled program and is performed at the request of the facility. The Level Ib is typically conducted for new facilities or LINACs, to assist geographically isolated facilities, or as a part of the follow up process where other audits do not fall inside the Optimal Level.
The Audit results are determined by the percentage deviation of the Facility Stated Dose Output from the ACDS Determined Dose Output, for each clinical beam. All beams on the linac are defined as ‘clinical’ unless otherwise stated by the Facility. Current Result Levels are given in Table 1.
Table 1: Audit Result Levels
|Result||Level||% Deviation (Client Stated / ACDS Determined)|
|Action||> 1.4 and ≤ 2.1||> 2.2 and ≤ 3.3|
|Unacceptable Range||Outside Tolerance||> 2.1||> 3.3|
An overall Audit Outcome for the linac is determined, which is equal to the lowest result recorded for an individual ‘clinical’ beam.
ACDS Audit Level IB Documentation
Adobe Acrobat Reader is needed to view PDF files
The free Adobe Acrobat Reader is available from Adobe's website