- Personal Radiation Monitoring Service
- Equipment Calibration and Testing
- Radioanalytical Services
- Hire of Radiation Meters
- Ultraviolet Radiation (UVR) Services
- UV Data
- Buyer's Guide for Sun Protection
- Radiation Safety Advice and Risk Evaluation
- Australian Clinical Dosimetry Service
- National Diagnostic Reference Level Service
- Australian National Radiation Dose Register
- Radiotherapy Calibrations
For more information please get in touch with ARPANSA
- Phone Number+61 3 9433 2274
- Fax Number+61 3 9432 1835
- email ARPANSA
Australian primary standards
ARPANSA maintains the primary standards for the dosimetry of ionisation radiation for Australia.
The standards are maintained under an authorisation from the National Measurement Institute under the National Measurement Act.
As a part of the authorisation, ARPANSA participates in international comparisons and international metrology organisations. ARPANSA's Calibration and Measurement Capabilities (CMCs) and comparison results are listed in the Key Comparison Database (KCDB).
The primary standards are all detectors of radiation. For megavoltage radiation ARPANSA maintains a graphite calorimeter. For kilovoltage radiation, ARPANSA has two free air chambers. At 60Co a standard ionisation chamber is also maintained for determination of air kerma.
Top of Page