- Personal Radiation Monitoring Service
- Equipment Calibration and Testing
- Radioanalytical Services
- Hire of Radiation Meters
- Ultraviolet Radiation (UVR) Services
- UV Data
- Buyer's Guide for Sun Protection
- Radiation Safety Advice and Risk Evaluation
- Australian Clinical Dosimetry Service
- National Diagnostic Reference Level Service
- Australian National Radiation Dose Register
- Radiotherapy Calibrations
For more information please get in touch with ARPANSA
- Phone Number+61 3 9433 2211 or 1800 678 112 (Freecall)
- Fax Number
- email PRMS
PRMS User Instructions
PRMS will email detailed instructions on how to use the service once registration is complete.
User Instructions - general advice:
- In the case of OSL monitors, centres are issued with clips at the commencement of the service. Only the OSL monitors are returned at the end of each wearing period (excluding the clip).
- When assessing doses received by the monitors, PRMS must make allowance for background radiation and environmental effects. With each issue of monitors, we supply a control monitor to measure this background.
- You should discuss the need for extra controls when you register.
User Guidance and Notes
- Guidance in using the monitoring service - PDF 32kb | RTF 83kb
- Guidance on the use of Control Monitors - PDF 88kb | RTF 973kb
- Guidance for uranium/mineral sand mines and processing plants - PDF 156kb | DOCX 723kb
- Notes on neutron monitors - PDF 20kb | RTF 64kb
- Notes on extremity monitors - PDF 19kb | RTF 63kb
- Technical Report No. 139 - Personal Radiation Monitoring Service and Assessment of Doses Received by Radiation Workers (2004) (modified October 2008 second printing)
Adobe Acrobat Reader is needed to view PDF files
The free Adobe Acrobat Reader is available from Adobe's website