- Personal Radiation Monitoring Service
- Equipment Calibration and Testing
- Radioanalytical Services
- Hire of Radiation Meters
- Ultraviolet Radiation (UVR) Services
- UV Data
- Buyer's Guide for Sun Protection
- Radiation Safety Advice and Risk Evaluation
- Australian Clinical Dosimetry Service
- National Diagnostic Reference Level Service
- Australian National Radiation Dose Register
- Radiotherapy Calibrations
For more information please get in touch with ARPANSA
- Phone Number+61 3 9433 2211
- Fax Number+61 3 9432 1835
- email ARPANSA
Radiofrequency Electromagnetic Radiation Calibration
Calibration services offered to the public include calibration of radiofrequency hazard meters, gauss meters, and personal RF hazard meters.
The Radiofrequency (RF) Electromagnetic Radiation Calibration Service maintains diverse laboratory facilities for measurements relating to hazard analysis and calibration of radiofrequency radiation measuring instruments. Specific calibration services offered to the public include calibration of radiofrequency hazard meters, gauss meters, and personal RF hazard meters.
Calibrations may include any of the following test methods:
- TEM cell
- anechoic chamber
- wave-guide calibration apparatus, or
- for ELF frequencies, a Helmholtz coil.
ARPANSA is a NATA accredited laboratory (ISO/IEC 17025(1999)) for calibration of:
- E-field meters, including hazard meters and warning indicators, at 1mW/cm² and frequencies up to 8 GHz or levels up to 10mW/cm² and frequencies up to 2.45 GHz; and
- Equivalent free space H-field with least uncertainties of measurement of ±1 dB from 100 kHz to 200 MHz, ±0.6 dB at 750 and 900 MHz, ±1 dB at 1.8 GHz, ±0.54 dB at 2.45, 4, 6 and 8 GHz.
To seek additional information about this service, or to receive a quotation and booking for a calibration, please complete and return the Client Request Form, or email your query to email@example.com. Please do not dispatch equipment for calibration until a quotation has been received and a Client Agreement Form has been signed and returned to ARPANSA.
- Client Request Form: PDF 148kb | DOC 99kb
- Client Agreement Form: PDF 153kb | DOC 102kb
- Standard terms and conditions: PDF 35kb | DOC 38kb
The calibration service provided will be performed in accordance with the procedures described in the ARPANSA Radiation Health Services Branch - Radiofrequency Calibrations Quality Manual.
A survey fee of up to $200.00 (inclusive of GST) applies for faulty equipment when calibration is unable to be completed, or for additional work not covered under calibration quotation.
A quotation will be faxed or emailed on request.
All services provided are subject to ARPANSA's standard terms and conditions. Unless negotiated otherwise, goods will be dispatched to originator within 10 working days after nominated calibration date.
Do not send equipment until a formal quote is received then signed and returned to ARPANSA.
An invoice will be issued on the return of goods. Payment is required within 30 days of invoice date. A return consignment note should be included.
Adobe Acrobat Reader is needed to view PDF files
The free Adobe Acrobat Reader is available from Adobe's website