- Personal Radiation Monitoring Service
- Equipment Calibration and Testing
- Radioanalytical Services
- Hire of Radiation Meters
- Ultraviolet Radiation (UVR) Services
- UV Data
- Buyer's Guide for Sun Protection
- Radiation Safety Advice and Risk Evaluation
- Australian Clinical Dosimetry Service
- National Diagnostic Reference Level Service
- Australian National Radiation Dose Register
- Radiotherapy Calibrations
For more information please get in touch with ARPANSA
- Phone Number+61 3 9433 2211 or Freecall 1800 678 112
- Fax Number
- email PRMS
Types of personal radiation monitors
These monitors can be used to measure the exposures of workers to ionising radiation. Typically, the monitors would be worn by workers in the medical, dental, chiropractic, industrial and mining fields.
The BeO OSL (Optically Stimulated Luminescence) monitor is replacing the TLD monitor and measures potential occupational doses from gamma radiation and X‑rays.
Special TLD Monitor
Neutron monitors are worn by people potentially exposed to fast neutrons, such as those using neutron generators The monitor consist of a neutron plaque and a TLD card preassembled prior to dispatch. They detect fast neutrons, beta rays and gamma rays and are issued for wearing periods of 4, 8 or 12 weeks.
Top of Page