- Personal Radiation Monitoring Service
- Equipment Calibration and Testing
- Radioanalytical Services
- Hire of Radiation Meters
- Ultraviolet Radiation (UVR) Services
- UV Data
- Buyer's Guide for Sun Protection
- Radiation Safety Advice and Risk Evaluation
- Australian Clinical Dosimetry Service
- National Diagnostic Reference Level Service
- Australian National Radiation Dose Register
- Radiotherapy Calibrations
For more information please get in touch with ARPANSA
- Phone Number+61 3 9433 2211
- Fax Number+61 3 9432 1835
- email ARPANSA
Exposure to ultraviolet radiation (UVR) from the sun is an occupational and recreational hazard for many Australians
A variety of measuring instruments are used to collect UVR data for public information and for research purposes. Because these UVR detectors are situated in the sun they suffer from weathering over time and subsequent changes in their sensitivity. To ensure accurate reporting these instruments require periodic recalibration.
UVR calibrations at ARPANSA
ARPANSA can calibrate many types of instruments, both for measuring both solar UVR and UVR from artificial sources used in industry, and issue reports containing calibration factors. ARPANSA has NIST-calibrated UVR sources and can transfer the calibrations to your instruments. Different types of UVR measuring instruments require different types of calibration procedures and you will need to discuss with ARPANSA what type of calibration is suitable for your instrument.
Some of the typical procedures that ARPANSA can undertake include:
- transfer of traceable calibrations to spectroradiometers
- transfer of traceable calibrations to broadband UVR detectors
- transfer of traceable calibrations to UVR meters
- transfer of traceable calibrations to wearable electronic UV data loggers.
Why calibrate your instruments?
Regular calibration of instruments ensures that:
- you can be confident that you are reporting correct values to your clients
- calibration drift and potential faults can be identified and remedied
- you will build up a history of the instrument’s performance.
Contact ARPANSA at email@example.com for further information and a quotation for calibration of your instrument.
Top of Page